Thursday, January 28, 2010

Alien takeover in the Marshall house

So yesterday, Kym (our nanny) had the boys all day. I worked from home in the morning, and enjoyed watching the excellent way that she worked with Connor- she praised him at the right moments, played silly games with him, and laughed along with his "evil mastermind" chuckle that he does when he's really loving the moment. We've been so blessed to find such a wonderful person to help with our children.

I left the house just before 11, and Kym headed off with Connor to pick up Alex from school. When I came home at 5, I was very impressed to hear that she had gotten both kids to nap (Alex typically refuses to rest, though he always needs to), and it was obvious that she had spent the free time tidying the house, doing dishes, and picking up toys. Kym left shortly after, and we had a very rare relaxing family dinner.

Here's the "alien takeover" part. Not only did Alex eat his entire meal, he then thanked me for cooking such tasty food for "the family", put his plate in the sink, and asked for raisins for dessert. WHERE DID MY KID GO? About two months ago, Alex hit the "I'm three, and I'm in charge" stage of life, in which he drives me insane daily. It was such a welcome change to get my sweet boy back. I think I'll keep the alien version :)

No comments:

Post a Comment