Monday, January 11, 2010

A relaxing day...

Ahh, piece and quiet....heaven! Our new nanny started today, and the boys seem to love her. It was her first "official" day, where I wasn't just walking her through things but left her with the boys in the playroom and went upstairs to get things done. It was FABULOUS.

I got the upstairs hallway disaster completely clean. I'd have taken before/after pictures, but I didn't want anyone to see how bad it had gotten! We couldn't even walk across the hall...now it's empty and clean. Tomorrow I'll work on hanging some pictures on the walls.

I also got both kid's rooms cleaned (again). Last weekend, Patrick and I completely cleaned out the Connor's closet, and that major project had left Connor's room in an interesting state. But, I gathered up all the donation items, as well as the trash items, and took them into the basement/garage. I changed sheets, changed the changing table cover, washed the floor, and put away clean laundry- all in 15 minutes!! Normally, this would have taken me at least an hour with both the boys continuously interrupting. It was amazing :) I did the same things in Alex's room, so that looks great too! This coming weekend's project is the big bedroom, which will probably take all weekend- that I will do before/after pictures of, assuming I remember! I also got allll the laundry done (9 loads! After doing about 5 this weekend!), and everything is folded and put away. It feels great to get so much accomplished.

We spent the evening playing with the boys, and got to see Connor run across the kitchen- that's right, run! Considering he's only been taking steps since just before Christmas, that's spells trouble. But, it was adorable to see his look of absolute pleasure as he chased his brother and dad, so it's ok (for now, anyways!). I've always loved seeing the boys' faces when they learn something new, it's certainly one of my favorite aspects of parenting. Both kids went to bed super easy, allowing me even more relaxation.

All in all, it was an excellent day. Let's see what tomorrow brings, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment